On 15 April 2018 the mICF Research Partners took the final step in establishing the Dutch-based mICF Foundation.
The objectives, aims and goals of the Foundation are to:
- Promote personalised healthcare using FunctionMapper as the integral part of the ICanFunction mHealth (mICF) solution.
- Entrench the health and wellness model of each person’s functioning as a dynamic interaction between the person’s health condition, contextual factors, and personal goals.
- Act as protector of the core data assets of the mICF ecosystem, by way of FunctionMapper content
- Act as protector of the core data assets of the mICF ecosystem, by way of users’ health data.
- Perform a social responsibility and awareness role by way of socio‑economic cost‑benefit analysis.
- Procure funding supporting the Foundation’s core activities, by way of a combination of ): donor and grant funding and royalty payments.
- Make a contribution to the long‑term feasibility and viability of the mICF ecosystem, by way of basic research (R&d), providing a home for Research Partners, as key stakeholders and role players, and contributing to the master plan.